Yahoo! Avatars

Feeling nostalgic

Getting ready to take their very first limo ride.

Dad in front of the Giant's dugout
My lovely daughter having fun with gramma snoozing on the ride home.


I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.

It must be time to finish my scrapbook of her childhood.

It's only been sitting here next to me for 3 months.

I think it felt too overwhelming.

Each page represented her growing up and eventually

moving out and becoming her own woman.

I really want more children, I have for years.

I keep having miscarriages. It would be too weird,

One in college and one or two in diapers.

I thought I'd share a photo of her.

I get a little scared posting recent pictures of her on the internet.

Hubby is a cop, so paranoia about security is taken seriously in our house.

These pics are older. And I remember the moments with great fondness.

The picture on the left is her first birthday. One of my favorite outfits.

My Mom bought it in San Diego and it had a toy attached to a string in the pocket.

That little stuffed bear was my life saver on many occasions.

I still have the outfit saved in perfect condition for her.

The rest of the pictures is our trip a few years ago for Father's Day.

My sister and I rented a limo to surprise my parents with a trip to

visit the new Pacbell Ball Park in San Francisco.

We had door to door limo service and it was a 3 hour drive each way.

Dad had NO clue about the limo ride, he thought I was driving.

At 82 years old, he had never sat in one.

I have had the privilege on many occasions and it's not a big deal to me now.

But it made my parents feel like a king and queen for a day.

He was overwhelmed with excitement when they pulled up out front.

The limo was stocked with his favorite snacks and drinks.

He was like a little kid when we explained what the day had

in store for him.

He got to see the park on a guided tour that took him to the dugout.

When he was sitting there, just staring out at the field, He got really quiet.

I think he just wanted to take it all in and really savor the moment.

He was sitting where his favorite ball players of all time had sat

while he cheered them on from his recliner.

He walked the infield. Felt the breeze blow through the dugout.

I had to include a few of the pictures from that day.

It was magical to watch his face light up.

So much of his day was a surprise.

He worked hard his entire life.

One of 10 children born into a poor family.

He never graduated high school.

Worked in a lumber mill for over 40 yrs.

Served during WWII at age 18.

He migrated to California from Oklahoma during the dustbowl.

He has had an amazing life.

He deserved a day of pampering and a little bit of celebrity star treatment.

My sister and I gladly shared the expenses of the tour, limo and dinner for them.

I think the whole day ran about $1500 bucks.

But the expression on his face was priceless all day long.

It was worth every penny.

I know that he loved every second of that day.

He was like a little kid again.

I am so glad we were able to give him a day he could just relax and savor each moment.

Enjoy the pics.

The Limo pulled up on time and the driver rang the doorbell.

My Dad felt like royalty for a whole day.

I wish I could give him more days like that.

He has certainly earned them.

Mother's Day and Father's Day are coming around soon.

I need to get busy on gift planning.

But new razors or a new lawnmower don't seem to measure up

when compared to this gift.

Too bad I don't have any connections to get him some really good seats at a game.












1 comments:

Sue Doe-Nim said...

Check your inbox.

I sent you some pictures and I wish I could get you seats. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Copyright

All rights reserved. The entire content in this blog are the property of the author. Any portion used for commercial or monetary gain, or for non monetary publication on another website without prior written consent by author of this blog will be subject to litigation. In short, you are welcome to use the recipes at home, but it's not cool to post my recipes on another website whether I am given credit or not. If you have any questions, you may email THESOUPDIVA@AOL.COM