Yahoo! Avatars

It's all in my head...........

Back in June I went vegetarian/vegan. I am dabbling with being vegan, but the bitter truth is, I love cheese, and until I find a suitable replacement, I am still eating it. I gave up all meat and meat products, I gladly gave up eggs and milk products. I am just finding it very hard to say goodbye to cheese. It's a process I guess. My family has been super about the transformation. My daughter was the one who brought the whole subject up to begin with, and hubby just wants to lose some weight and be healthier, so he climbed on board the vegetarian band wagon with us.
So fast forward 2 months, we decide to have a family lunch yesterday as Hubby was leaving for a week due to work. We live in a small town and honestly, it's a cowboy town and they love their meat here. There is even a restaurant called HOUSE OF BEEF. Not very creative but if you want to know what's on the menu before you decide to eat there, it's a no brainer. So we are off to go have lunch and decide on chinese. I searched the menu and there was nothing that sounded appetizing without dead animals carved up in it, so I thought "one meal with meat won't kill me". I was wrong. They first served the soup, which was awful. It had strings of egg globbing off the spoon and falling back into the bowl. Yuck. Then my food arrived. Mongolian Beef. I took a bite and forced myself to chew it. So so so so gross. I don't know if it is the lack of fat and grease that is in my diet now, but it was absolutely vomitous.
Maybe it's psychological, maybe it's not, but I am done with meat. I am not even going to entertain the thought next time we eat out. Hamburger is downright viol. I'm happy being vegetarian, and I definitely feel healthier and eat all day long and still am losing weight. It's awesome. I have totally retrained myself with respect to my relationship with food. HUGE change.
So, sorry to be so graphic. I may be a little nuts, but I'm happy and that's all that counts.

0 comments:

Copyright

All rights reserved. The entire content in this blog are the property of the author. Any portion used for commercial or monetary gain, or for non monetary publication on another website without prior written consent by author of this blog will be subject to litigation. In short, you are welcome to use the recipes at home, but it's not cool to post my recipes on another website whether I am given credit or not. If you have any questions, you may email THESOUPDIVA@AOL.COM