Yahoo! Avatars

I'm confused...............

OK, this post isn't really about soup. There is a huge and divisive subject that most don't have the dangly male naughty bits to discuss in public. I'm going to throw in my 2 cents and just pose a question out of sheer curiosity. I went to my physical therapy appointment and parked in a stall. A few cars away from mine was an older model vehicle with a couple of harmless bumper stickers on it. Nothing really to talk about except one. It read " WELCOME TO AMERICA. NOW SPEAK ENGLISH OR GO HOME." I live in a small town with a bunch of mostly white people and chocked it up to some ignorant person with really bad taste in cars and bumper stickers, and continued on to my appointment. As we were leaving, I noticed 2 women having a conversation with each other in spanish. I was in my wheelchair not really paying attention to much, as my leg hurt and I was focusing mostly on the fact that we were headed to get an ice cream cone. As I wheeled passed them in the parking lot, I realized they were getting into THAT car. YES. The car that said speak english or go home. They were speaking completely in spanish. I was perplexed. I thought well maybe they just bought the car and can't read english, so they don't know what it says. But seriously. They were clearly latina women, not speaking english and had some stupid oakball bumper sticker. In the words of Tom Hanks, "wha? huh?" Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the funniest & weirdest thing I have heard in a while. lol

I feel the same as you...huh?
.............................
This is the first time coming to your blog, and when I have time, I am going to come back and read more.
.............................
I did leave a message to you on ANT's blog and misunderstood, or misread, your post about your surgery. I was thinking that you had already had a knee replacement.
Sorry about the misunderstanding, and have a wonderful Easter.

DeLayne

aka/helga

Sue Doe-Nim said...

I'm guessing some douche stuck it on there.

Aye es mio.

Copyright

All rights reserved. The entire content in this blog are the property of the author. Any portion used for commercial or monetary gain, or for non monetary publication on another website without prior written consent by author of this blog will be subject to litigation. In short, you are welcome to use the recipes at home, but it's not cool to post my recipes on another website whether I am given credit or not. If you have any questions, you may email THESOUPDIVA@AOL.COM